Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Goats and circles of light!

Earth Arts of the Upper St. Croix Valley is sponsoring its Annual Fall Salon to be held from November 10-30, 2017. This month-long art show is hosted by the artZ Gallery in Amery, WI, and includes a wide representation of art created by Earth Arts members. The show is based on a theme, one voted on by the membership, and this year’s theme is “Circles of Light.” For the exhibition or salon, each Earth Arts member is invited to create and display up to two pieces based on their interpretation of this theme.

As a first-year member of this group, I’ve been thinking about what might represent a “circles of light” painting for me. And after reading the “Goats of Anarchy” book given to me by one of my daughters, I guess baby goat kids have been on my mind! It was the darker background surrounding the lighter subject and the circular shadows framing the edges of this baby kid that caught my eye as a possible entry for this exhibit.

This week’s painting is titled: Maisie, 8” x 9.5” on 300 lb. watercolor paper, and captures a baby goat enjoying a sunshine-y, light-filled day.
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment