Sunday, April 5, 2020

Grace for the Day

They say being near water is amazingly healing in times of stress and anxiety. Certainly, in this time of quarantine, I’ve had moments of high anxiety. Some days it’s hard to settle my spirit and focus on tasks or even follow through and finish a painting. I’m finding it’s essential for me to set up an agenda for each day – to plan activities and set aside time to be in the front of my easel and paint even when I don’t feel especially inspired. And through this time of being apart from dear family and friends, I’ve been thinking about grace. It’s a free gift – one that we certainly don’t deserve – and yet each day, we are given grace. In grace, we receive God’s forgiveness and in turn, we can respond with grace to those around us. Being kind, taking the time to listen, stepping up to help, and literally being the hands and feet of Christ in a desperate world.

This week’s painting continues the theme of grace. Grace for the Day, 9” x 12” watercolor painting, speaks to me of this daily gift of grace – an inviting dock on a secluded, quiet lake. What a tremendous blessing!




No comments:

Post a Comment