Monday, January 16, 2023

Loving the Lilties!

A couple of years ago, an artist friend suggested that it might be a good idea for me to paint smaller. He’d found that his “mini” photographs sold well at art shows, and it has turned out to be a such a wonderful avenue for me to explore and create. The 4” x 6” format fits perfectly into shorter timeframes in my studio which sometimes has been needed during this time of providing care for my Mom. And Paul does a wonderful job of framing – leaving a beautiful margin of the natural watercolor paper between the painting, double mats and frame. These smaller paintings seemed to need a title, so I named them for the Irish small songs, “lilties" - and these paintings remind me of small watercolor songs.

This week’s painting, Rustic Retreat, 4” x 6” on 300 lb. watercolor paper, captures a remote cabin on a quiet lake.  


No comments:

Post a Comment